Friday, January 25, 2008

Favourite books

I love books. I love reading books, I love looking at books, I love the way a bunch of books look sitting on a bookshelf. So I thought I'd show you some of my favourites.


I bought this for myself 3 months ago. It has soo many cute projects in it - and a few really awesome tips when it comes to zippers, darts, and things like that.
Photobucket

I'm working on this. I've never been able to wake up in a dream, realize it's a dream, and change things around. No matter how ridiculous the dream is, I never seem to realize I'm dreaming. Other people I know can manipulate things in their dreams as soon as they realize it's not real. This book teaches you tricks - like as soon as you see a certain object you're supposed to realize you're dreaming. Not working yet..
Photobucket

I want to make an afghan. My grandma used to make everyone afghans, and I want to start by making myself one big mis-matched afghan with different colors and different designs.
Photobucket

I don't belong to any kind of religion right now. I honestly don't know what to believe. However, I am intrigued by Wicca and the idea that everything that exists in nature is interconnected. This is kind of an intro course into those ideas. I was going to start this last summer, but I ended up being way too busy. I have it set aside now until the weather gets warmer. It's hardly a good idea to sit outside and embrace nature for 30 minutes when it's -15 outside.
Photobucket

This. Book. Is. AWESOME.
It teaches you everything you could possibly need to know being a girl in her 20's. It teaches you cleaning tricks, cooking tips, even how to play poker with the guys. I recommend all you girls to invest in this.
Photobucket


My mom gave me this cookbook a few years ago & I could not cook without it. It's got pretty much every single way to cook any kind of food & really clear, detailed instructions with pictures. Even if you think something is small - like how to hard boil an egg - it's in there.. believe me.
Photobucket

I love Rachel Ray. MOST of what I cook comes from her recipes.
Photobucket

I'm not sure where I got this - I think passed down from my mom. It's awesome. 'Nuff said.
Photobucket

This book actually belongs to the man of the house, but I've used it a few times to make delicious marinades & rubs. Highly highly recommend it. He bought it when it was already cold outside so we haven't used many of the recipes out of it just yet.
Photobucket

No comments: